1. The Pogues – Just Look ‘em Straight in the Eye and Say “Pogue Mahone!” (Joint)
Sure it’s a comp., but it’s 5 feckin disks of stuff you’ve never heard – well worth the high sticker price.
1. The Go Set – The Rising (Joint)
The perfect combination of the rawness of the 1st CD and the maturity of 2 & 3.
2. The Tossers – On A Fine Spring Evening
More genius from The Tossers. The most consistant band in the scene.
3. JD and the Longfellows – Happy Hour Again
Offbeat greatness from the thinking mans drinking band.
4. The Wages Of Sin – Gringo Mariachi
The S’n’O message board popular choice.
5. Irish Stew of Sindidun – Dare to Dream
Professor Gommels #1 choice.
6. The Mighty Regis – Another Nickel for the Pope
Best new band of 2008.
7. The Dreadnoughts – Legends Never Die
Siobhan is dead, long live The Dreadnoughts.
8. Black 47 – Iraq
The best B47 release since “Green Suade Shoes” in 1996
9. Meisce – Shipwrecked in a Bottle
10. The Fisticuffs – Neatly Stumblin’ (Joint)
10. The Pubcrawlers – One Too Many Again (Joint)
10. The Porters – Anywhere but home (Joint)
Single of the Year
1. The Currency – 888
In Search of a Rose – Kind Of Green
Corrigan Fest – La Victoire en Chantant
Boiled in Lead – Silver (Led Zeppelin meets Celtic rock)
Mr. Irish Bastard – The Bastard Brotherhood
Dirges – When Laughing got you Killed
The Righs – The Rivers Run Deep
Zydepunks – Finisterre
The Cherry Coke$ – Sail the Pint